50 Information Technology (IT) Trends To Watch
Once upon a time technical discoveries were magical things that mesmerized us. Gradually we became accustomed to the technical wonders as they were integrated into our daily lives. 21st century has seen both the unprecedented development of technology, especially the “Information Technology (IT)” and our dependence on the same. In the IT age, technology is making our lives simpler by handling the complexities for us, up to the extent that its unavailability or a disruption in the services that it provides could adversely affect almost everything from the businesses to our day to day lives.
It is an accepted fact that the speed of technological changes is an accelerated motion. This article enlists some of the important trends in the IT world that are already visible or are forecasted to be on their way.
Human (inter)face for the technology
Technology penetration is happening fast from the business to the households to the personal lives of the human beings. This irrevocable dependency of human beings on the technology will have the most profound impact over the future of the technology. Technology will be solving the human problems, business problems just being a part of the bigger picture.
1. Technology will become indispensable even for carrying out day to day activities ranging from office communication to opening a window (of your home of course)
2. User Experience facilitated by the products, implementation of how human beings see at a problem and the technology as a mechanism for solving it, will be the factor deciding what sells and what not
3. People instead of the businesses will be the largest technology consumers and success of any new enterprise will depend upon how well it taps into this consumer base
4. Cost of the failure for the technology will become unimaginable due to its direct impact over the human lives, this will add an additional dimension to the security and safety concerns for the technology developers
5. Boundary between the technical and non-technical aspects of our lives will fade away, everything will have a technical underpinning, explicit or implicit
6. Innovation (and so the people- the knowledge workers) will keep the center stage
7. Transition from a nice to have feature to an implicit expectation will be accelerated by many folds
Social networking for the social animals
Statistics show that out of the 7 billion people on the earth, over 1.2 billion are Social Networking Users that comprises 82% of the online population. These figures are going to increase exponentially in the coming future.
8. Companies will need to remove constraints on the social technologies as the boundaries among employees, vendors, and customers will blur, all will need to communicate through the channel of the social network
9. Social Network Analysis (SNA) will be a prominent tool for the businesses and will provide valuable input to their strategy, marketing, customer segmentation, advertising etc.
10. Social Networking will provide a platform for a never seen before collaboration among the experts for solving the problems across the boundaries of their organization gps tracker
11. Taken the benefits of the Social Networks it will be a challenge to manage the threat it poses for the security and privacy, and technology will need to handle this challenge
Big data growing bigger
According to an estimate the Big Data is worth $100 billion business and is growing twice as fast as the software business as a whole.
12. More and more new tools that support Big Data will come
13. Most of the businesses in the need of amassing and analyzing more and more of the data will need to rethink their data management strategy and approaches
14. Existing database management systems will either evolve to handle the big data or eventually fade away
Mobility on the move
As per an estimate more than 75% population in the world do have access to a mobile phone. Increasing computing power and decreasing hardware cost will ensure that very soon everyone on the globe have access to a mobile phone and most of them migrate to smart phones and are connected.
15. Smart devices will become sort of magic wand that will not only keep us connected and allow capturing and playing audio video contents but will also serve as a tool for communication, handling professional work when on the move, executing business applications, navigation, payment option, sensors, risk alert system, aid devices, training tool… the list is virtually endles